CEO CONFIDENCE INDEX Q3 2014
The Vistage CEO Confidence Index reached 103.4 in the third-quarter 2014 survey, up from 101.0 in the second quarter. Confidence among CEOs reached its highest level in two years, finally breaking the holding pattern of the past three quarters.
- Fifty-two percent of CEOs report an improving economy compared to 50 percent in the second quarter, and 46 percent one year ago.
- Seventy-five percent of CEOs anticipate revenue gains over the next 12 months. Only four percent project a decline in revenue, the lowest ever recorded.
- Fifty-eight percent of CEOs plan to increase their workforce during the next 12 months.
- Thirty-five percent of CEOs feel that finding, hiring, training, and retaining talent is the most significant issue they currently face.
- Fifty-nine percent of CEOs anticipate increased profits in the next year, up from 56 percent in the second quarter, and 54 percent in 2013.